United States Center for Disease Control - Saving Lives and Protecting People - www.cdc.gov/nceh/lead
Your State and local Departments of Public Health
U.S. Department Housing & Urban Development
Scripps Health - Lead Poisoning Article Search
Sleep plays a vital role in good health and well-being. Getting enough sleep at the right times can help protect your mental health, physical health, and quality of life. Risk deficiency also increases the risk of obesity. Sleep helps repair your blood vessels. Lack of sleep can increase kidney disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and stroke.
Source: U,.S. Health and Human Services website.
Water helps our bodies remove toxins. Water flushes toxins and waste from the body through urination and perspiration. Water helps reduce constipation and aids in bowel movements, which ensures that wastes are removed quality and regularly before they can become poisonous in the body. Blood is 92% water and it carries nutrients and oxygen throughout the body. Drinking eight glasses of water daily can decrease the risk of colon cancer by 45%, bladder cancer by 50% and it can potentially even reduce the risk of breast cancer. Drinking enough water can lessen the burden on the kidney and liver by flushing out waste products.
Pathways and acceptable Levels of Lead over-time, Testing and Treatment of Lead Poisoning.
Lead is ingested in the body through the nose, mouth and by touch. The pictures on the left shows the different pathways of lead into the body.
Even though any level of lead was known to negatively impact children, and people, lead was used to produce gasoline, toys, cosmetics, and can be found in food, water and soil. It has taken years for advocates to influence and change laws to reduce or remove the use of lead.
Children in poverty areas, especially minority children are highly impacted and suffer unequally from lead poisoning. Parents should have their children tested for lead poisoning up until adulthood. As children develop, they are more susceptible to poisoning. Children absorb 70% of lead and adults about 20 percent. Low levels of lead are detectable and can lead to disabilities, malformed bones, slow growth, and a drop in I.Q. High levels can cause seizures, coma and death.
Federal law requires that all states require testing and reporting of children up to 6. Parents should advocate for results of those tests regardless of lead level to identify and treat low lead level before it becomes worse over time due to accumulation. Treatment of lead poisoning can be as simple as healthy nutritious foods, that are filled with calcium, iron and vitamin C. Provide lead-free water to remove toxins.
Combating Toxins with Healthy Foods
Diet has a great deal to do with removing toxins from the body that is obtained from the food, water, and air that we consume. Organic fruits and vegetables provide the nutrients needed to detox the body and remove toxins.
Contact your medical clinician to test you and your family for environmental toxins. Eat healthy and organic fruits and vegetables to remove toxins,
Lead-free water, healthy foods that remove metals and sleep
What is Lead Poisoning, History and Sources?
Lead is a soft bluish grey metal that is highly toxic. Lead is a cumulative toxin that affects multiple body systems, including neurologic, hematologic, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular and renal systems.
Children 0 - 6, are particularly vulnerable to its toxic effects. Low levels of lead exposure can cause adverse cognitive effects, including poor academic performance and behavioral problems.
The major sources of lead exposure for children are lead-based paint, contaminated dust, soil, toys, water and cosmetics. Food can contain lead from the environment or containers. See the picture on the right.
In 1887, children were diagnosed with lead poisoning. In 1960, the United Center for Disease Control began to identify acceptable levels of blood lead levels. In 1960, 60 mg/dcl lead was acceptable (chart below). However, the chart on the right shows the impact of lead poisoning at all levels. Since 1980, research shows that low levels of lead are harmful to children and begins to accumulate in the body. Based on public policy, it wasn't until 2012, that parents were notified that their child has lead less than 10 micro-grams.